Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Madness in literature

        In this last quarter of our school year my class and I all read the book "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding. In this book it tells the story about a group of British boys that are on a plane and suddenly it crashes. These group of boys get stranded on an unknown island with absolutely no adults. The story tells about how they first started out on the island to be civilized people but in the end they don't stick together as a whole anymore. Evil takes over some of the boys and it all goes downhill from there. The story is very very explicit in detail and explains every little thing they go through and how they deal with it. 


        To be honest with everyone, I didn't really enjoy this book. In my own personal opinion it wasn't that great of a book but I know some people out there would like it. I would really recommend this book to someone who is VERY patient with books. This book kind of goes slow when adding up to the very big scene in the book. If you like slow but interesting when it hits the end of the book then this could be the book for you. Also, if you like books that challenge you a little bit then this could be the book for you too. It does have violence and kind of gory scenes you could visualize in your head but overall it isn't too bad to read. Honestly this book wasn't a horrible book to read but I just didn't like it personally. I know some people in my class did like it and some didn't. It's just really what you're interested in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment